This is a summary review of I Know How She Does It containing key details about the book.
What is I Know How She Does It About?
"I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time" by Laura Vanderkam is a study of the time-management strategies of working women, revealing the habits and practices of high-achieving women and providing practical tips and tools for managing time and balancing work, family, and personal life.
In I Know How She Does It, time management expert and bestselling author of What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast Laura Vanderkam reveals the surprising strategies you can use to spend more time on the things you enjoy. By following her advice, you will be able to work less, sleep more, enjoy date nights, go to the gym and socialise.
Summary Points & Takeaways from I Know How She Does It
Some key summary points and takeaways from the book include:
* The importance of time management: The importance of time management, particularly for working women who often face competing demands on their time and energy.
* The myth of work-life balance: The myth of work-life balance and the need for a more nuanced approach to managing time and priorities.
* The power of intentional time use: The power of intentional time use, including the importance of setting clear goals and prioritizing tasks to achieve desired outcomes.
* Strategies for making the most of time: Strategies for making the most of time, including goal setting, time tracking, and developing a routine and habits that support productivity.
* Balancing work and family: Balancing work and family, including the importance of setting clear boundaries and communicating with partners, coworkers, and other stakeholders.
* The role of technology: The role of technology, including its potential to improve productivity and its potential to distract and undermine time management efforts.
* Flexibility and work-life integration: Flexibility and work-life integration, including the benefits of flexible work arrangements and the importance of balancing work and personal time.
* Overcoming challenges and obstacles: Overcoming challenges and obstacles, including time-wasters, procrastination, and the need for self-care and self-compassion.
* The book provides practical advice and insights into the time management strategies of successful women, and offers actionable steps for readers looking to improve their own time management skills.
Who is the author of I Know How She Does It?
LAURA VANDERKAM is the author of What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast, All The Money In The World, 168 Hours, and Grindhopping.
- Print length: 304 pages
- Genre: Nonfiction, Self Help, Productivity
What is a good quote from I Know How She Does It?
Top Quote: “You don’t build the life you want by saving time. You build the life you want, and then time saves itself." (Meaning) - I Know How She Does It Quotes, Laura Vanderkam
What do critics say?
Here's what one of the prominent reviewers had to say about the book: “An empowering guide for professionals who want to figure out how to become superstars in their fields while building satisfying lives.” — DORIE CLARK, author of Reinventing You and Stand Out
* The editor of this summary review made every effort to maintain information accuracy, including any published quotes, chapters, or takeaways. If you're interested in furthering your personal growth, you may want to explore my list of favorite self-improvement books. These books, which have had a significant impact on my life, are carefully curated and come with summaries and key lessons.