This is a summary review of Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office containing key details about the book.
What is Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office About?
"Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office" is a book that highlights the common unconscious mistakes women make in the workplace and provides practical advice on how to overcome them to achieve success and leadership roles.
Dr. Lois Frankel reveals why some women roar ahead in their careers while others stagnate. She's spotted a unique set of behaviors--101 in all--that women learn in girlhood that sabotage them as adults. Now, in this groundbreaking guide, she helps you eliminate these unconscious mistakes that could be holding you back--and offers invaluable coaching tips you can easily incorporate into your social and business skills.
Summary Points & Takeaways from Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office
Some key summary points and takeaways from the book include:
* The author identifies common habits and behaviors that hold women back in their careers, such as undervaluing their accomplishments and failing to assert themselves.
* The book covers key concepts in personal and professional development, such as assertiveness, communication, and negotiation skills.
* It provides practical tips and strategies for overcoming these habits and reaching one's full potential in the workplace.
* The author emphasizes the importance of self-awareness and honest self-assessment.
* The book highlights the value of taking calculated risks and pursuing opportunities for growth and advancement.
* It provides advice on navigating the challenges and biases that women may face in the workplace.
* The author argues that by adopting new habits and behaviors, women can achieve career success and reach their full potential in the workplace.
Who is the author of Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office?
Lois P. Frankel holds a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Southern California. She used to work in human resources at a Fortune 10 oil company. She is currently the president of Corporate Coaching International and a sought-after speaker.
- Print length: 288 pages
- Genre: Business, Nonfiction, Self Help
What is a good quote from Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office?
Top Quote: “You gain courage and confidence from doing the things you think you cannot do.” (Meaning) - Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office Quotes, Lois P. Frankel
What do critics say?
Here's what one of the prominent reviewers had to say about the book: "Every page of this book is filled with something you or one of your friends do every day...A simple, quick guide to presenting ourselves as the strong and bold women we are." — Gail Evans, author of She Wins, You Win and Play Like a Man, Win Like a Woman
* The editor of this summary review made every effort to maintain information accuracy, including any published quotes, chapters, or takeaways. If you're interested in furthering your personal development, I invite you to check out my list of favorite personal development books page. On this page, you'll find a curated list of books that have personally impacted my life, each with a summary and key lessons.