This page features a curated list of couple goals. I created it as a source of inspiration for my 100 life goals project and wanted to share it with others in hopes of inspiring them to create their own goal list.
There is an overabundance of bucket list ideas circulating online that lack the necessary specificity, measurability, and time-bound nature to make them actionable goals. Therefore, I curated a list of SMART goals that are more specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
Whether you're young or old, there's something on this list for everyone. So, read on to discover some of the best couple goals that can help you transform your life and achieve your dreams.
An important note before scrolling down:
The list below includes 100+ couple goal ideas, but if you're looking for a bigger list then download my book, The SMART Bucket List.
It includes a list of 1000+ SMART goal ideas from various categories, such as fitness, travel, personal growth, and more. Each goal is crafted to meet the SMART criteria, making it a valuable resource for anyone looking to create a truly actionable goal list.
Click here to download it for FREE. Additionally, you’ll get my Design Your Dream Year workbook, containing a proven step-by-step action plan to check off those big goals on your list.
* One more thing, if you decide to take part in any of the goals listed below, you do so entirely at your own risk. Some of the goal ideas listed here can be risky, so seek out guidance if you decide to try them out, especially the challenging ones.
With this in mind, let's rock and roll!!
By setting SMART goals in this area, you can improve your communication, trust, and intimacy. Couple goals also help you prioritize your relationship and make time for each other amidst busy schedules and responsibilities.
Here are a few examples of SMART goals you can set in this particular area:
- Schedule a regular date night with my partner every other week for the next three months to improve our relationship.
- Plan a surprise outing or activity for my partner once a month for the next three months to show my appreciation and keep our relationship fresh.
- Take a cooking class with my significant other to learn a new skill and bond over a shared interest by the end of the quarter
- Plan a weekend retreat or getaway with my significant other to strengthen our bond and recharge by the end of the year
- Be more intentional about expressing appreciation and gratitude towards my partner within the next week
- Write each other love letters once a month for the next six months, expressing what you appreciate about each other
- Learn and practice a new skill or hobby together for the next year, such as cooking, dancing, or a language
- Schedule a weekly check-in to discuss any issues, concerns, or goals for the relationship for the next six months
- Attend a couples' therapy session once a month for the next six months to work on communication and strengthen the relationship
- Create a shared financial plan and savings goal with my partner to work towards over the next year
- Exercise together three times a week for the next three months to improve physical health and spend quality time together
- Create a bucket list of shared experiences and goals to achieve within the next five years and plan accordingly
- Take turns planning and hosting a monthly romantic dinner at home for the next six months
- Attend a couples' dance class once a month for the next six months to learn a new skill and have fun together
- Surprise each other with small gestures of love and appreciation every week for the next six months
- Create a shared vision board of goals and dreams for the future, and work together to achieve them within the next year
- Try a new restaurant or cuisine with my partner for the next six months to explore new flavors and experiences
- Volunteer together at a local charity once a month for the next six months to give back to the community and bond over a shared activity
- Practice daily gratitude together by sharing three things you're grateful for every day for the next three months
- Attend a relationship workshop or seminar together within the next six months to learn new skills and strengthen the relationship
- Plan a surprise date for each other once a month for the next six months to keep the relationship exciting and fun
- Read one book together each month to have deeper conversations and share new ideas.
- Plan and have a weekend trip to visit each other's families within the next six months to build stronger family connections.
- Try a new adventure sport, such as bungee jumping or skydiving, within the next year to experience excitement and adrenaline together.
- Cook a new recipe together once a week to learn new culinary skills and have fun in the kitchen.
- Take a class together, such as photography or painting, to learn a new skill and explore each other's interests.
- Practice mindfulness or meditation together daily to reduce stress and improve mental health.
- Volunteer together for a cause we both care about to strengthen our bond and give back to the community.
- Visit a new country together every year and explore different cultures and experiences.
- Write each other love notes or cards weekly to express your feelings and deepen your emotional connection.
- Create a shared playlist with your favorite songs and listen to it during your daily routines or on road trips.
- Set a shared fitness goal, such as running a marathon or doing a triathlon, and train together to achieve it.
- Plan and have a monthly staycation or spa day to relax and rejuvenate together.
- Have a weekly digital detox day and spend quality time together without distractions.
- Write down and share your favorite memories and experiences together to reminisce and appreciate your journey as a couple.
- Learn each other's love languages and incorporate them into your daily interactions to feel more loved and valued.
- Learn a new language and practice speaking it together regularly to broaden your communication skills.
- Have a regular self-care routine and support each other in prioritizing mental and physical well-being.
- Try a new hobby or activity together this week, such as hiking, dancing, or photography, to have fun and learn new skills.
- Take a couples' cooking class or challenge yourselves to cook a new recipe together once a month to improve culinary skills and share quality time.
- Discuss a book about relationships or personal growth this week to learn new insights and perspectives.
- Take a personality assessment or quiz together to understand each other's personality types and communication styles better.
- Have regular deep and meaningful conversations about your values, beliefs, and goals to foster intimacy and connection.
- Create a shared ritual of weekly brunch or a monthly spa day, to have consistent and quality time together.
- Practice intimacy and physical touch each week, such as cuddling or massages, to strengthen your connection and reduce stress.
- Plan and have bi-weekly outdoor picnics or stargazing nights to appreciate nature and have quality time together.
More Goal Ideas?
Click here to get 'The SMART Bucket List' for FREE — It includes a list of 1000+ SMART goal ideas from various categories, such as fitness, travel, personal growth, and more. Additionally, you’ll get my Design Your Dream Year workbook, containing a proven step-by-step action plan to check off those big goals on your list.
Enter your email below and my guides will be sent to you instantly for free