The Robots Are Coming!: Summary Review
This is a summary review of The Robots Are Coming! containing key details about the book.
What is The Robots Are Coming! About?
The Robots Are Coming! is a book that explores the impact of automation and artificial intelligence on the future of work and society.
The Robots Are Coming! centers around the issue of jobs and their future in the context of rapid automation and the growth of online products and services. As two of Oppenheimer's interviewees -- both experts in technology and economics from Oxford University -- indicate, forty-seven percent of existing jobs are at risk of becoming automated or rendered obsolete by other technological changes in the next twenty years.
Summary Points & Takeaways from The Robots Are Coming!
Some key summary points and takeaways from the book includes:
* The book explores the impact of automation and AI on the job market and workforce.
* The author argues that as technology continues to advance, traditional jobs will become obsolete and new ones will emerge.
* The book discusses the potential consequences, including job loss and increased income inequality, and the importance of preparing for the transition to a more automated economy.
* The author also highlights the opportunities for workers to upskill and reskill, and the need for businesses and government to invest in workforce development.
* The book provides recommendations for individuals, organizations, and society as a whole to address the challenges and seize the opportunities posed by the rise of robots.
Who is the author of The Robots Are Coming!?
Andrés Oppenheimer is the editor and syndicated foreign affairs columnist with The Miami Herald, anchor of "Oppenheimer Presenta" on CNN En Español, and author of seven books, several of which have been published in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese.
- Print length: 416 pages
- Genre: Nonfiction, Business, Science
The Robots Are Coming! Chapters
Chapter 1 :A Jobless World?
Chapter 2:They're Coining for Journalists!: The Future of the Media
Chapter 3:They're Coming for Service Workers!: The Future of Restaurants, Supermarkets, and Retail Stores
Chapter 4:They're Coming for Bankers!: The Future of Banking
Chapter 5:They're Coming for Doctors!: The Future of Health Care
Chapter 6:They're Coming for Teachers!: The Future of Education
Chapter 7:They're Coming for Factory Workers!: The Future of Transportation and Manufacturing
Chapter 8:They're Coming for Entertainers!: The Future of the Acting, Music, Sports, and Leisure Industries
Chapter 9:The Jobs of the Future
What do critics say?
Here's what one of the prominent reviewers had to say about the book: "A keen assessment of the future of work amid sweeping advances in technological automation. . . . A promising, terrifying, and cautionary exploration of the "unstoppable" rise of automation." — Kirkus Reviews
* The editor of this summary review made every effort to maintain information accuracy, including any published quotes, chapters, or takeaways. If you want to enhance your personal growth, I recommend checking out my list of favorite personal growth books. These books have played a significant role in my life, and each one includes a summary and takeaways to help you apply the concepts.
Tal Gur is an author, founder, and impact-driven entrepreneur at heart. After trading his daily grind for a life of his own daring design, he spent a decade pursuing 100 major life goals around the globe. His journey and most recent book, The Art of Fully Living, has led him to found Elevate Society.