Who is Dan Aykroyd
Dan Aykroyd Biography
Dan Aykroyd is a Canadian actor, comedian, screenwriter, and businessman. He was born on July 1, 1952, in Ottawa, Ontario. He began his career as a member of the sketch comedy troupe Second City Television (SCTV) before joining the cast of Saturday Night Live in 1975.
Aykroyd is best known for his roles in the films "Blues Brothers" (1980), "Ghostbusters" (1984), and "Driving Miss Daisy" (1989). He also starred in the hit comedy film "Trading Places" (1983) and appeared in other films such as "Caddyshack II" (1988), "My Girl" (1991), and "Sneakers" (1992).
In addition to his acting career, Aykroyd is also a successful businessman. He is a co-founder of the House of Blues chain of music venues and the Crystal Head Vodka brand. He also owns a winery in Canada and has made several appearances on television programs such as "Saturday Night Live" and "The Tonight Show." Aykroyd has received numerous accolades for his work, including an Emmy Award, a Grammy Award, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He has also been inducted into the Order of Canada, the country's highest civilian honor.
Dan Aykroyd Facts
- Dan Aykroyd was a writer and cast member on "Saturday Night Live" from 1975 to 1979, where he created popular characters such as Elwood Blues, Beldar Conehead, and Fred Garvin: Male Prostitute.
- He co-wrote and starred in the 1980 film "The Blues Brothers" with John Belushi, which was a commercial and critical success.
- In 1984, Aykroyd co-wrote and starred in the hit film "Ghostbusters," which grossed over $295 million worldwide and is considered one of the greatest comedies of all time.
- Aykroyd is a founding member of The Blues Brothers Band, and they have released several albums, including "Briefcase Full of Blues," which went platinum.
- He is a member of the Order of Canada and was inducted into the Canadian Walk of Fame in 2000.
- Aykroyd is also a businessman, he is a co-founder of the House of Blues chain of music venues and the Crystal Head Vodka brand.
- He has been a vocal advocate for the paranormal and UFOs, and has written several books and articles on the subject.
- Aykroyd is a supporter of various charitable organizations, including the Starlight Children's Foundation, and the David Lynch Foundation.
- He has been married to his wife, Donna Dixon, since 1983 and has three daughters together.
- Aykroyd has received numerous accolades for his work, including an Emmy Award, a Grammy Award, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Dan Aykroyd Quotes
"You look at the floor and see the floor. I look at the floor and see molecules." (Meaning)
"Hollywood is in love with any kind of nostalgia that can prove itself to be commercial."
"We must come to the point where we realize the concept of race is a false one. There is only one race, the human race." (Meaning)
"I believe that if a man dies with a single penny still sitting in the bank, he's a fool."
"Heaven to me is percussion and bass, a screaming guitar and a burbling Hammond B-3 organ. It's a soup I love being immersed in."
"I accept sceptics, you've got to have challenges." (Meaning)
"If a man dies with a single penny still sitting in the bank, he's a fool." (Meaning)
* The editor of this quick biography made every effort to maintain information accuracy, including any quotes, facts, or key life events. If you're looking to expand your personal growth, I recommend exploring other people's life stories and gaining inspiration from my collection of inspiring quotes. Exposing yourself to different perspectives can broaden your worldview and help you with your personal development.
Tal Gur is an author, founder, and impact-driven entrepreneur at heart. After trading his daily grind for a life of his own daring design, he spent a decade pursuing 100 major life goals around the globe. His journey and most recent book, The Art of Fully Living, has led him to found Elevate Society.