31 Famous Quotes by Dante Alighieri
Dante Alighieri was an Italian poet and writer who is best known for his epic poem "The Divine Comedy." The work is a journey through the afterlife, and it explores themes of morality, faith, and redemption. Dante's poetry is marked by a sense of beauty and wonder, and his work has had a profound influence on the development of Italian literature and culture. His legacy continues to inspire readers and artists around the world. (Dante Alighieri Biography).
Dante Alighieri Famous Quotes
1. "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
2. "Heaven wheels above you, displaying to you her eternal glories, and still your eyes are on the ground."
3. "Beauty awakens the soul to act."
4. "Follow your own star!"
5. "Consider your origins: you were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge."
6. "All hope abandon, ye who enter here!"
7. "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."
8. "No one thinks of how much blood it costs."
9. "Remember tonight... for it is the beginning of always."
10. "Heat cannot be separated from fire, or beauty from The Eternal."
11. "Nature is the art of God."
12. "A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark."
13. "From a little spark may burst a flame."
14. "I wept not, so to stone within I grew."
15. "You shall find out how salt is the taste of another man's bread, and how hard is the way up and down another man's stairs."
16. "Be as a tower firmly set; Shakes not its top for any blast that blows."
17. "Pride, envy, avarice - these are the sparks have set on fire the hearts of all men."
18. "The secret of getting things done is to act!"
19. "In the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost."
20. "I love to doubt as well as know."
21. "The sad souls of those who lived without blame and without praise."
22. "He listens well who takes notes."
23. "At this high moment, ability failed my capacity to describe."
24. "Art, as far as it is able, follows nature, as a pupil imitates his master; thus your art must be, as it were, God's grandchild."
25. "Worldly fame is but a breath of wind that blows now this way, and now that, and changes name as it changes direction."
26. "If the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought."
27. "The more perfect a thing is, the more susceptible to good and bad treatment it is."
28. "Will cannot be quenched against its will."
29. "O conscience, upright and stainless, how bitter a sting to thee is a little fault!"
30. "The customs and fashions of men change like leaves on the bough, some of which go and others come."
31. "Small projects need much more help than great."
― Dante Alighieri Quotes
* Want to explore more inspiring quotes and their meanings? Head over to this quotes page, where you can find more thought-provoking quotes and their interpretations.
Tal Gur is an author, founder, and impact-driven entrepreneur at heart. After trading his daily grind for a life of his own daring design, he spent a decade pursuing 100 major life goals around the globe. His journey and most recent book, The Art of Fully Living, has led him to found Elevate Society.