23 Famous Quotes by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk was a Turkish soldier and statesman who served as the first President of Turkey from 1923 until his death in 1938. He is known for his role in the modernization of Turkey, including the adoption of a new alphabet and the promotion of secularism and women's rights. Atatürk's legacy as a leader and reformer continues to shape the political and cultural landscape of Turkey, and his ideas about modernization and progress continue to inspire people around the world. (Mustafa Kemal Atatürk Biography).
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk Famous Quotes
1. "Everything we see in the world is the creative work of women"
2. "Do you want to be a man of today or a man of tomorrow?"
3. "I was born as a soldier and will die as one"
4. "A nation which makes the final sacrifice for life and freedom does not get beaten"
5. "The happiest ones are those who have a character which would prefer their services to be unknown to all generations"
6. "Would not obeying to my mother's warnings, who is at least 25 years older than me, be returning to the past? And rebelling against her would mean ruining my mother's, who, I am convinced that, is a virtuous high woman, heart and evaluations. I do not find this right, either"
7. "The necessary thing for anyone to be happy and contented as long as he lives is working for the ones who will come after him rather than working for himself... One can reach the true delight and happiness in the life only by working for the existence, honor, and happiness of the future generations"
8. "I am my own policeman"
9. "My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go"
10. "I always give much attention to military character and to psychological and morale conditions"
11. "I am mortal. I want the nation to get used to freedom before I die"
12. "God is my witness that up to now, my only aspiration in life is to be a useful element within the army! I have for long been convinced that, to safeguard the country and give happiness to the people, it is necessary first of all to prove once more to the world that our army is still the old Turkish army"
13. "I do not want history to record me as someone who has bequeathed to his nation the institution of despotism"
14. "Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder"
15. "Ours is a fully democratic government, which in our language we call a people's government"
16. "I will lead my people by the hand along the road until their feet are sure and they know the way. Then they may choose for themselves and rule themselves. Then my work will be done"
17. "I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap"
18. "There are two Mustafa Kemals: one is I, the flesh and bone Mustafa Kemal... the scond Mustafa Kemal I cannot describe with the word 'I.' That Mustafa Kemal is not I - it is 'We.' That Mustafa Kemal is the enlightened and warrior collectivity that is striving for the new thought, the new life, and the Great Ideal on every corner of this country"
19. "Our aim is not to die. It is to carry out the revolution, to make a reality of our ideas. We must live, to get them accepted by the people"
20. "No country is free unless it is democratic"
21. "Greatness consists in deciding only what is necessary for the welfare of the country and making straight for the goal"
22. "I have established the republic. But today it is not clear whether the form of government is a republic, a dictatorship, or personal rule"
23. "I am pleased, with a feeling of good fortune, to be from Selanik. If you want to know the truth better, I feel that my chest is overflowing with a feeling of pride"
― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk Quotes
* Want to explore more inspiring quotes and their meanings? Head over to this quotes page, where I share doses of inspiration through powerful sayings and quotes.
Tal Gur is an author, founder, and impact-driven entrepreneur at heart. After trading his daily grind for a life of his own daring design, he spent a decade pursuing 100 major life goals around the globe. His journey and most recent book, The Art of Fully Living, has led him to found Elevate Society.