44 Famous Quotes by Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs was a visionary entrepreneur and co-founder of Apple Inc. His contributions to the world of technology are immeasurable, and his innovative products have revolutionized the way we live, work, and communicate. Jobs was known for his attention to detail, his passion for design, and his relentless pursuit of perfection. He believed in the power of simplicity and elegance, and this philosophy was evident in everything he created. Despite facing numerous setbacks and challenges throughout his career, Jobs remained committed to his vision and ultimately achieved incredible success. His legacy continues to inspire entrepreneurs and innovators around the world. (Steve Jobs Biography).
Steve Jobs Famous Quotes
1. "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."
2. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
3. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."
4. "My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time."
5. "Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people."
6. "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
7. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
8. "Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things."
9. "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
10. "For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
11. "Stay hungry, stay foolish."
12. "Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."
13. "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me."
14. "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith."
15. "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."
16. "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith."
17. "That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains."
18. "Computers themselves, and software yet to be developed, will revolutionize the way we learn."
19. "It's not a faith in technology. It's faith in people."
20. "Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations."
21. "It's not the tools that you have faith in - tools are just tools. They work, or they don't work. It's people you have faith in or not. Yeah, sure, I'm still optimistic I mean, I get pessimistic sometimes but not for long."
22. "Things don't have to change the world to be important."
23. "I believe life is an intelligent thing: that things aren't random."
24. "A lot of people in our industry haven't had very diverse experiences. So they don't have enough dots to connect, and they end up with very linear solutions without a broad perspective on the problem. The broader one's understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have."
25. "I have a great respect for incremental improvement, and I've done that sort of thing in my life, but I've always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don't know why. Because they're harder. They're much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you've completely failed."
26. "When you're young, you look at television and think, there's a conspiracy. The networks have conspired to dumb us down. But when you get a little older, you realize that's not true. The networks are in business to give people exactly what they want."
27. "No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."
28. "Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future."
29. "I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life."
30. "If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on."
31. "Technology is nothing. What's important is that you have a faith in people, that they're basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them."
32. "I want to put a ding in the universe."
33. "Older people sit down and ask, 'What is it?' but the boy asks, 'What can I do with it?'."
34. "Design is the fundamental soul of a man-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service. The iMac is not just the color or translucence or the shape of the shell. The essence of the iMac is to be the finest possible consumer computer in which each element plays together."
35. "Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works."
36. "We're just enthusiastic about what we do."
37. "If you're gonna make connections which are innovative... you have to not have the same bag of experiences as everyone else does."
38. "You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new."
39. "The over-all point is that new technology will not necessarily replace old technology, but it will date it. By definition. Eventually, it will replace it. But it's like people who had black-and-white TVs when color came out. They eventually decided whether or not the new technology was worth the investment."
40. "We don't get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? So this is what we've chosen to do with our life."
41. "As individuals, people are inherently good. I have a somewhat more pessimistic view of people in groups. And I remain extremely concerned when I see what's happening in our country, which is in many ways the luckiest place in the world. We don't seem to be excited about making our country a better place for our kids."
42. "When you're a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you're not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will ever see it. You'll know it's there, so you're going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back."
43. "The system is that there is no system. That doesn't mean we don't have process. Apple is a very disciplined company, and we have great processes. But that's not what it's about. Process makes you more efficient."
44. "Part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians, poets, and artists, and zoologists, and historians. They also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world. But if it hadn't been computer science, these people would have been doing amazing things in other fields."
― Steve Jobs Quotes
* Want to explore more inspiring quotes and their meanings? Head over to my curated collection of elevating quotes.
Tal Gur is an author, founder, and impact-driven entrepreneur at heart. After trading his daily grind for a life of his own daring design, he spent a decade pursuing 100 major life goals around the globe. His journey and most recent book, The Art of Fully Living, has led him to found Elevate Society.